Difference between revisions of "Cabinet with one ND 514 and one ND 586 drive"
(Initial page, just some status updates and added some pictures.)
Revision as of 13:01, 16 April 2019
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|
This cabinet was given to me by Mattis Lind of the [ Dalby datormuseum]. It contains a ND 514 (a CDC ... SMB disc drive) with serial number ... and a ND 586 cartridge drive with serial number ... I picked up (loosely speaking, it weigh around 200 kg) the drive in the spring of 2019. With it I also got a similar drive...
The ND 514 SMB drive is mounted on top of a rack. Lower down is the ND 586 cartridge drive. The top drive is a bit dismantled but I got a box full of cards, a blower but no power supply.
The top disk is partly disassembled but I think it is possible to get it together again. Looks decent enough with respect of how old it is. Page 225 in the 83308400 STORAGE MODULE DRIVE BJ7XX manual shows where the cards go.
Bottom disk is in unknown state but at a glance it looks nice. The brackets holding the front have been bent out of shape during the transport but it's manageable. There is a disk pack loaded in the mechanism.
- Clean both disks thoroughly.
- Replace the removed hardware on the top drive.
- Binder with manuals for CDC BJ7XX SMB drives
- Control Data Corporation 83308400 : Control Data STORAGE MODULE DRIVE BJ7XX, Installation maintenance and schematics, Volume 1 of 2 (2 ex.)
- Control Data Corporation 83308500 : Control Data STORAGE MODULE DRIVE BJ7XX, General description, Volume 2
- Control Data Corporation 83308600 : Control Data STORAGE MODULE DRIVE BJ7XX, Parts Data, Volume 2
- Control Data Corporation 83323710 : CDC SPEICHER MODULE ANTRIEB BJ5XX BJ7XX BK4XX BK5XX BK8XX