NORD-10 Serial 619
NORD-10/S serial 619 is a survivor, it's seen some tough times
The power supply was replaced years ago and only parts of the original supply hangs in the wires. The card crates might not have the cards in the right positions or even being complete. I will do some study of other systems that still exist and try to rebuild it into a running state. I will also try to find out more about it's history.
In need of serious repair. Not in a running state.
The two card crates are half filled with cards. It has not been documented yet which cards or where they are. It is very possible that cards are in the wrong position.
- Power supply is just a mess, replaced with a PC power supply.
- Front panel in good shape.
- CPU-crate with unknown content.
- I/O crate with unknown content.
This list reflects the configuration when I got the machine as well as the current one. There might be errors in the original configuration.
There is markings on the backside of the crate that shows what type of card should be in respective slot. This should be checked before trying to power up the CPU.
|Position||Initial card||Name||Current card||Name||Notes|
|17||1121||PANEL CONTROL||1121 C ??? Check backside of crate|
|18||Empty||Optional? .... check manuals and backside of crate|
|19||1127||TRANSCEIVER CONTROL||1127 D Check backside of crate|
|20||1119||TRANSCEIVER ADDRESS||1119 D Check backside of crate|
|21||1115||LAMP REGISTER||1115 E ??? Check backside of crate|
|22||1125||TRANSCEIVER DATA||1125 E Check backside of crate|
|23||Empty||Optional ... Multiport control? Check backside of crate|
|24||Empty||Optional ... Multiport data? Check backside of crate|
|25||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|26||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|27||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|28||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|29||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|30||Empty||I/O and memory area|
|31||1132||32K RAM||1132 D, I/O and memory area|
|32||1132||32K RAM||1132 D, I/O and memory area|
- Slot 1 : ...
- Slot ...
- Slot 32 : ...
- Original owner not known.
- Part of the computer park of the FUN (Forskarföreningen Umeå Naturvetare) society around 1985-1995.
- Previous owner tried to get it running by replacing the power supply 10-15 years ago. It never started.
- It's been in my care since around 2003 when the previous owner put it in my workshop and tried to get it running. It's been with me through two moves since then. Last move was in 2017 and hopefully it was the last one in a long time.
- To begin with just check if the system is complete enough to get into a running state. The old power supply is obviously beyond repair, but a modern PC power supply should be able to power the system.
- Test if it will do anything close to running and why not.
There are some documentation that I haven't received yet.
The system is in the care of Göran Axelsson and is located in a storage close to Umeå, Sweden.