ND-110 Satellite 9883.21244
ND-110 Satellite model 9883 with serial number 21244 is a ND-110 Satellite that once was the property of Kungliga Bostadsstyrelsen and it still got the original installation on the hard disk. It has an Ethernet II card and what seems like SIBAS and COSMOS installed. At least FORTRAN and MAC is also installed. It booted without any other problem than the real time clock had run out of power.
- Boots without problem
- Real time clock needs a new battery
- Runs test program INSTRUCTION-B for ND-100 without any errors.
- System console at 9600 baud, current loop.
There is a high probability that the cards installed is not what was in it from the beginning. It's been almost filled to the limit and the only thing missing is the HDLC/MEGALINK card.
- Hard disk : Micropolis SCSI disc, 125 Mb formatted
- Floppy : 5.25" floppy
- Tape : SCSI tape streamer is installed with one tape marked "Image-backup X201 Jämn vecka" and seems to be in working condition (not tested).
- Slot 1 : 3108 PIOC/256
- Thumb wheel (from top to bottom) : 0 0 2 (not tested yet if it works)
- Slot 2 : 3094 ETHERNET IF II
- Thumb wheel : 0 0 1
- Slot 3 : 3095 CPU, ND-110 with 48bit floating point
- Thumb wheel : 9 15, cache on
- Slot 4 : 3201 SCSI / FLOPPY
- Thumb wheel : 7 0 0
- Slot 5 : 3042 2 MBYTE RAM
- Thumb wheel : 0 0 0
- Slot 6 : Unoccupied
- Slot 7 : 3111 8 TERM. IF
- Thumb wheel : 7 7 2 0 1 0
Currently installed and booting SINTRAN III - VSX/500 K
Disk image analysis
To be done. Same system password as previous machines "FIXSEG" works.
- Delivered at KBS.
- Taken off active duty.
- Donated to FUN, Umeå.
- Sitting in a basement storage until may 2009.
- First boot in over fifteen years in september 2016.
- Extract images of the disk and tape.
- Test the hardware.
- Use it for testing of ND-100 cards.
- Use it for imaging 5.25" floppies.
- Connect it to internet via ethernet.
The system belongs to Göran Axelsson and is located in Umeå, Sweden.