Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:05, 23 February 2014 by Tingo (created page for the GET-ALTERATIVE-SYSTEM command)
@GET-ALTERNATIVE-SYSTEM <file name 1>, <file name 2>, <IS RT LOADER IN SEGMENT FILE NO. 0?> [, <file name 3>], <IS ALT. "SPOOLING PROGRAM" IN SEGMENT-FILE NO. 0?> [, <file name 4>]
- <file name 1>
- specifies SINTRAN:DATA or a similar file containing the first part of the operating system. This file must consist of 66 contiguous pages on disk.
- <file name 2>
- (default type = DATA) specifies MACM-AREA:DATA or a similar file containing the rest of the SINTRAN III system except the RT loader. It must be a contiguous file allocated immediately after <file name 1>.
- <IS RT LOADER IN SEGMENT FILE NO. 0?>
- YES = RT loader is take from segment file number 0. <file name 1> and <file name 2> must be SINTRAN:DATA and MACM-AREA:DATA. NO = a new RT loader is loaded from <file name 3> to segment file 0.
- <file name 3>
- name of the contiguous file where the RT loader resides. Specified only if previous parameter was no.
- <IS ALT. "SPOOLING PROGRAM" IN SEGMENT-FILE NO. 0?>
- YES = start the original system residing in SINTRAN:DATA, MACM-AREA:DATA and SEGFIL0:DATA. NO = another system on SEGFIL0 is loaded. Then the next parameter must be entered.
- <file name 4>
- name of the file where the spooling program resides. It must be a 4 page contiguous file. Specified only if the previous parameter was no.
- Permitted only for user SYSTEM.
- The operating system is transferred to the memory image area (on SEGFIL0) and the system is started. Since this is a "cold start" (similar to CTOM2 - )HENT - 22!) all RT programs must be reloaded.
- Subsequent restarts will use the alternative system. To return to the normal system use
@GET-ALTERNATIVE-SYSTEM SINTRAN, MACM-AREA, NO,, S-RTLOADER, YES
The RT loader must previously have been placed on the file S-RTLOADER:DATA with the command
- All files in this command must reside in the same directory as the current system.
Norsk Data Document ND–60.128.01 SINTRAN III REFERENCE MANUAL (printed June 1980), pages 1-77, 1-78