Jump to navigation Jump to search
DIALOGUE is Norsk Data's total concept in database management. It has the complete set of tools and utilities for:
- high performance, easy expansion, and redefinition of a data base;
- creating a tailored user interface;
- creating and maintaining applications easily and efficiently;
- generating advanced reports;
- common data dictionary information for easy coordination and maintenance of the database and applications.
The modules of DIALOGUE are
- USER ENVIRONMENT
- UE is an integrated part of the SINTRAN operating system. It can be used together with DIALOGUE to create a tailormade, individual interface for the ND system.
- 4TH GENERATION LANGUAGE
- UNIQUE is a tool for application development. It can be used to develop screen pictures and specify transactions directly on the screen. It saves about 90% of development time and maintenance resources.
- REPORT GENERATOR
- RG allows the definition of advanced reports in an easy manner by drawing the desired layout on the screen.
- QUERY LANGUAGE
- ACCESS is a tool which can be used to look at data base information in terms of tables. It is suitable for online use.
- APPLICATION BUILDING AND MAINTENANCE
- ABM can be used to make demanding transaction systems. It is used interactively with simple directives. It saves about 50% of development time and 90% of maintenance resources.
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- SIBAS is a full CODASYL database management system. Its features include high performance, as well as easy expansion and redefinition of databases. It is a flexible and highly secure system, well suited for distributed processing environments.
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|
- Norsk Data Document ND–60.203.2 EN ABM User Manual