@ALLOCATE-FILE <file name>, <page address>, <number of pages>
Create and allocate a continuous file. The file is created on a specified area of a disk. The page size is always 1K words (2K bytes) and the page address is given as a page number from the start of the device, which is always page 0.
- <file name>
- (default type = DATA, default version = 1) optional version number specifies the number of versions allocated.
- <page address>
- (octal, 1--) page number on the device where the file is to start.
- <number of pages>
- (decimal, 1--) size of the contiguous file area.
- Permitted for all users.
- If several versions are created, the are allocated one after the other. Version 1 will start at <page address>.
- The allocated area must not be already in use.
@ALLOCATE-FILE FILE-3, 100, 8
The contiguous file FILE-3 is allocated in default directory starting at address 100 (octal). Its size is 8 (decimal) pages.
Norsk Data Document ND–60.050.06 SINTRAN III USERS GUIDE section 3.4.1
Norsk Data Document ND–60.128.03 SINTRAN III REFERENCE MANUAL (printed February 1983), page 1-22
Norsk Data Document ND–60.174.Q01 SINTRAN III QUICK REFERENCE CARD