@SCRATCH-OPEN <file name>, <access type>
Open a file as a scratch file.
- <file name>
- (default type = SYMB) file name.
- <access type>
- specifies the intended access-mode, only the following combinations are legal:
R - sequential read W - sequential write RW - sequential read and write RX - random read WX - random read and write WA - sequential write append RC - random read with read and write access from other users allowed (only contiguous files) WC - random read and write with read and write access from other users allowed (only contiguous files)
- Permitted for all users.
- The file is kept permanently opened. It is closed when logging out or by @CLOSE-FILE <file no.> but not @CLOSE-FILE -1. When closed, only the first 32K words are retained.
- @CLOSE-FILE -2 also closes scratch files.
- See rules 2 - 6 of @OPEN-FILE.
@SCRATCH-OPEN SCRATCH:DATA, RW
The file SCRATCH:DATA is opened as a scratch file with read and write access.
Norsk Data Document ND–60.128.03 SINTRAN III REFERENCE MANUAL (printed February 1983), page 1-179
Norsk Data Document ND–60.174.Q01 SINTRAN III QUICK REFERENCE CARD