3043 is the ECC disk controller SMD control.
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|
What does it do?
Switches and indicators
- LED1 WG - write gate lit when the disk head writes.
- LED2 RG - read gate, lit when the disk head reads.
- LED3 FORM - write format, lit when the controller formats.
- LED4 PAR - read parity, lit when the controller checks parity.
- LED5 COMP - compare transfer, lit when the controller compares data after a read / write.
- LED6 ECC - ECC operation, lit when the controller performs error-correction calculation.
- switch for cable-type setting (pos. 7E): concerns B-cables only (B-cables are the cables going directly from the computer to the disk unit). The daisy-chain cable may be flat or round. Switch 7E consits of four switches, one for each disk unit (units 0 - 3). The switch must be OFF when the B-cable is round, and ON when the B-cable is flat.
The A and B connectors are used for I/O, the C connector is used for the ND-100 Bus.
I/O Devices on the card
- Norsk Data Document ND–30.008.3 EN ND-100 Hardware Maintenance , page 230