@CREATE-DIRECTORY <directory name>, <device name>, [<unit>], [<'F' or 'R'>], <subunit>, <bit file address>
Create a new directory on a device. The old directory is destroyed and all files are lost.
- <directory name>
- the name which will be written onto the new directory. A maximum of 16 alphanumeric characters and hyphens (-) is allowed.
- <device name>
- the name of the mass storage device controller on which the device unit is connected. See Norsk Data Document ND–60.128.01 SINTRAN III REFERENCE MANUAL Appendix F for legal names.
- the unit number. Only to be specified if SINTRAN III is generated with multiple units. Unit number starts at 0 (zero) octal, default is 0 (zero).
- <'F' or 'R'>
- F = a fixed cartridge disk pack. R = a removable cartridge disk pack. Otherwise, the parameter is not used.
- applies only to big cartridge disk.
- <bit file address>
- may be specified if the user wants to place the bit file in a specific area on the medium. The bit file is used to contain a free / reserved map of the pages on the device medium. Unit is page offset in octal. Default = the file system will select a medium dependent optimal value. Note that for system disks a number of contiguous files must be placed in a certain order, from page 0, and the bitfile should be placed in the middle of the remaining area. For non-system disks and floppy disks the default can be used. (The System Supervisor manual contains more information on this parameter).
- Permitted only for user SYSTEM when disk, for all users when floppy disk.
- Fixed or removable is specified only for 10MB cartridge disks.
- if SINTRAN is configured with only one unit (number 0), the <unit> parameter must be omitted (together with the comma).
@CREATE-DIRECTORY PACK-ONE, DI-1-1, 1, F
A directory named PACK-ONE is created on cartridge disk controller 1, unit 1, fixed pack.
Norsk Data Document ND–60.128.01 SINTRAN III REFERENCE MANUAL (printed June 1980), pages 1-43, 1-44
Norsk Data Document ND–60.174.Q01 SINTRAN III QUICK REFERENCE CARD