Pascal for ND-100.
Compile and execute Pascal programs.
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|
The following are required in order to use this product.
Operatuing system: SINTRAN III VS
PD- or PI-sheet
- Program Description ND-10076H (10076H.pdf)
- Norsk Data Document ND–60.124.4 ND-PASCAL USER'S GUIDE
To install the Nord Pascal system, the following files are needed
- PASCAL-COD The Pascal compiler in BRF format.
- PASCAL-LIB The Pascal run-time library in BRF format.
- PASCAL-ERR The compile-time error messages in symbolic form.
- Copy PASCAL-LIB to a system file named PASCAL-LIB:BRF.
- Copy PASCAL-ERR to a system file named PASCAL-ERR:SYMB
- The Pascal compiler can be generated in two versions - one for one-bank execution, and one for two-bank execution. Be aware that a terminal running the two-bank compiler or two-bank Pascal programs must have 128K user segments.
Because of the many extensions in this version of Pascal, the compiler has grown in size. The result is that only fairly small programs (ca. 100 lines) may be compiled by the one-bank compiler. If the program is too big, the compiler gives the error message STACK-HEAP OVERFLOW.
To generate an absolute version of the compiler, enter the following commands. The commands marked (o) are optional; the
*DEFINE NOBKS 2
command will cause generation of a two-bank compiler. When the compiler prints a source program, it will by default print 60 (decimal) lines per page. To change thius number, enter the
*DEFINE LINPP n
command (remember that 'n' must be octal). The
*DEFINE NOBUF 4
command will set the number of files being buffered to 4. This will give better performance when programs with
$INCLUDE commands are compiled.
@NRL *IMAGE-FILE 100 *SIZE 1500 *SET-LOAD-ADDRESS 24000 (o) *DEFINE NOBKS 2 (o) *DEFINE LINPP n (o) *DEFINE NOBUF 4 *LOAD PASCAL-CODE PASCAL-LIB *VALUE PASCAL xxxxxx *VALUE CONTINU yyyyyy (*) *DUMP "PASCAL:PROG" xxxxxx yyyyyy (*) *EXIT
To dump Pascal as a rentrant subsystem, do the following commands instead of the ones marked (*):
*BPUN "PASCAL:BPUN",, *EXIT @DUMP-REE PASCAL,xxxxxx,yyyyyy,PASCAL
The installation is now complete, and the system can be used according to the user manual.
Date of release, production, revision.
Images (made with dd) of 5.25 inch floppies.