Program to restore the main directory from a backup.
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|
The following are required in order to use this product.
Computer: ND-100 CX with Memory Management II and minimum 2 MB memory or ND-110 with minimum 2 MB memory.
Special for SCSI devices: DISC-SCSI-1 (system directory) and STREAMER-1 are the only SCSI devices that are handled by this program.
PD- or PI-sheet
- Program Description ND-211187A.pdf
- Norsk Data Document ND–60.250.2 EN BACKUP USER GUIDE
When the main directory is destroyed, for instance in connection with a physical disk crash, SINTRAN and the Backup System are not running. In tjhis case, you can use the stand-alone program DISK-RESTORE to restore the main directory.
NOTE: Only backups take with the Backup System command DEVICE-COPY can be restored with DISK-RESTORE.
The DISK-RESTORE program is delivered on three floppy diskettes, 211187A<rev>-XX-01D, 211187A<rev>-XX-02D and 211187A<rev>-XX-03D.
Note that the program must be run from TERMINAL-1 (the console).
- insert 211187A<rev>-XX-01D in floppy diskette unit FLOPPY-DISC-1, unit 0.
- Execute the following commands. Do not press ENTER after 1560&:
#MACL #1560& -- FLOppy to MEMory copying -- Insert next floppy and type any character to continue -->
- Remove 211187A<rev>-XX-01D and replace it with 211187A<rev>-XX-02D. Type any character to continue.
- You are then asked to insert another floppy diskette. Insert 211187A<rev>-XX-03D and type any character to continue.
If the starting of DISK-RESTORE is successful, you get the following message:
-- End of copy, starting now the SINTRAN Di-Re: hh.mm.ss mm.dd.yy ERROR 40 IN BAK01 AT 35104; POWER FAIL Di-Re:
- Press ENTER to get the prompt Di-Re: on the screen. Mount the backup storage medium on the source device, and execute the command RESTORE-DISK:
Di-Re: RESTORE-DISK Destination device name: DISC-70MB-1 Destination device unit: 0 Source device name: STREAMER-1 Source device unit: 0 Mount the first backup medium on STREAMER-1 unit 0 Mounted (Yes/No?): YES Copying...... <The operation takes some time!> Comparing ... <The operation takes some time!> Restoring operation successful! Perform a warm start to get the system running. Di-Re:
- You may now continue with DISK-RESTORE.
If you want to start SINTRAN, type the following after the prompt Di-Re:
Di-Re: @STOP-SYSTEM #MACL ##&
Do not press ENTER after '&'.
Date of release, production, revision.
Images (made with dd) of 5.25 inch floppies.
or all in a zip file
Note: only the first floppy image is in directory format.
Files on 211187A00-XX-01D image
tingo@kg-core1$ ndfs -t 211187A00-XX-01D.image Directory name : 211187A00-XX-01D Object file index pointer : 508 SI: 0x1 (indexed) User file index pointer : 510 SI: 0x1 (indexed) Bit file pointer : 306 SI: 0x0 (contiguous) No. of unreserved pages : 311 Files: 0 0: I 2 pages 2612 bytes 1987-08-14 12:45:07 (FLOPPY-USER)FLOMEM:BPUN Directory size: 611 pages Bit file size : 1 page
the two other floppies are not in directory format.