The NORD-20 is almost identical with the NORD-2B. Compared to later models of NORD-2B the NORD-20 is electrically the same but the CPU is contained on six boards instead of ten. It is smaller physically than the NORD-10. The NORD-20 was released before the NORD-10.
First installed system in January 1972. In August 1974 a total of 43 systems had been installed.
Comparision with NORD-10
The following comparision was made in August 1973.
|Cycle time||0.4-0.8 us||1.0 us|
|Memory size||8-256 kWord||4-16 kWord|
|Price basic system||200.000 NOK||78.000 NOK|
|Price for typical system||2.000.000 NOK||500.000 NOK|
This is a first shot at a list of remaining machines. Also machines that is known to be lost will be listed to make it easier to locate remaining ones. We don't have any production numbers yet.
- NORD-20 with unknown serial is in the collection of Trøim, in Telemuseums storage in Fetsund (2016 inventory).
- ND-Nytt #7, May 1973 page 12.
- Picture in the collections of Oslo Museum
- Computers and People, September 1974
- Computer manufacturing survey from 1973
|This article is a stub. You can improve NDWiki by expanding it.|