To use the monitor, it must have been loaded into SINTRAN as an RT program. The monitor is then started under SINTRAN by typing
on a terminal connected to the system.
Main tasks of the monitor are:
- loading programs from files into NORD-50 memory. These programs must have an executable format prepared by the NORD-50 loader. (:NOR5)
- starting the programs.
- reporting errors during program execution.
- examining the NORD-50 registers / memory after the programs have come to a stop (normal or abnormal stop).
The '*' is written by the monitor.
- *PLACE <file name or number>
- load a program
- Start execution of the placed program
- *LOAD <file name or number>
- Load and start execution of a program, in effect PLACE and RUN
- *GO TO <address>
- start in given address
References and sources
- 30.001.01A NORD-10/NORD-50 Operator's Guide, Chapter 4.4
- Norsk Data Document ND–30.001.01A NORD-10/NORD-50 OPERATOR'S GUIDE Printed May 1982, Section 4.4.1