Welcome, from another user. It's a bit silent here in periods, between some bursts of updates (as we're not too many actively contributing). I'm a bit envious about the ND-Satellite you got yourself.. I'm not aware of any live ND computer I could possibly get my hands on. Everything we used to have in-house at work was dumped years ago (we didn't have the space then.. now we do, too late..).
Too bad with the winchester disk. I remember having to re-format all the disks of one particular system, every 3 months or so (backup, reformat, reinstall). That site had operators smoking in the computer room, the only environmental difference from the other sites which didn't have disk problems. Strangely enough, reformatting the disks always cured all problems. TArntsen 11:19, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
ND computers - how to get one
ND computers - fault finding and repair
Are there any how-to's anywhere on doing fault-finding on ND hardware? It would be easier if I had spare parts available, but... Perhaps we could have a forum, or mailinglist or someplace where we could discuss these things? Torfinn 12:55, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- I would've liked a mailing list, or even a forum. 'All things ND' could be discussed. (For myself I would have liked to share / discuss problems with emulating ND-100 instructions and the like.. but as the other emulator project seems to have stalled I would maybe have only myself to discuss with.) Unfortunately I don't have any insights into your particular fault-finding issue. TArntsen 12:06, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
Congratulations on the boot of Sintran! /Mike 07:39, 11 November 2011 (CET)
Nice to see all the pages and photos you have added! I will move the wiki to a somewhat faster server and a newer wiki during this winter. /Mike 07:32, 15 December 2011 (CET)
- Cool! Thanks for spending time on keeping this site alive. Much appreciated! -- Torfinn 20:48, 18 December 2011 (CET)
Power user test pilot
I have added you as a test pilot of the newly "Power user" group. Test the extra "tools" and let me know if you miss something or if it's too liberal. I will add some other (well known) users later. I guess it's not necessary to remind you that with power comes responsibility. /Mike 07:52, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! The tools look ok, and works, at least the ones I've tried. I haven't tested them all yet (I wouldn't want to lock myself out). --Torfinn 10:36, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Documentation - figuring out some reference cards
I have a couple of reference cards that I have scanned. One is the ND-100 Instant Instruction Codes, which is one of these
Norsk Data Document ND–99.005.01 ND-100 INSTANT INSTRUCTION CODES
Norsk Data Document ND–06.021 [[Documentation list#Unknown|]]
Since it is not marked, how do I figure out which one it is?
The other one is ND-100 Operator's Communication Instruction Survey, which is one of
Norsk Data Document ND–99.016 ND-100 OPERATOR'S COMMUNICATION INSTRUCTION SURVEY
Norsk Data Document ND–06.22 [[Documentation list#Unknown|]]
but which one?
- That would be the 99-variant I believe, because all the quick ref. cards are in the 99. series. The 06. series are larger-sized documents afaik, although I don't think I have any in my collection (which I'm away from at the moment). Nice scan though (I only looked at the first), but is it complete? I missed the privileged instructions.. (note: I'm accessing it from a mobile device and may have fumbled it). TArntsen 21:37, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- Good catch. Somehow I managed to only save one page of the two page document when scanning 99.005.01. Fixed now. --Torfinn 21:57, 17 July 2012 (UTC)